9 months ago at 04:13pm
with 17 notes | #style tips #mens style #Mens Fashion #tips
- No belts with suits. “It adds bulk.”
- Don’t buy your suit too big. “If you’re too comfortable in a suit, it probably doesn’t fit.”
- Not too tight, either. “Especially in the crotch.”
- You should be able to fit two fingers under your shirt collar. “If you can fit more, it’s too big.”
- You can mix prints if they’re in the same colour family. “You can get away with a lot this way.”
- When dressing down, you can’t go wrong with raw, unwashed denim.
- T-shirts should be white or grey and not too long. (See Brando in Streetcar.)
- Crewneck T-shirt instead of V-neck. “Ever see a photo of James Dean in a V-neck?”
- Never wear graphic T-shirts.
- Never wear pleated chinos.
- Try a shawl-collar sweater.
- Tortoiseshell frames rather than black for sunglasses.
- When getting a photo taken, fasten the top button of your suit. Do not put your hands deep in your pockets.
- “Never have more than two buttons of your shirt unbuttoned unless you are a rock star. Never show chest hair unless you’re at a salsa bar in Mexico.”
- “Never wear square-toe shoes. Gross.”